Monday, October 16, 2006

Songs and Images of a lifetime - 1964

Well the start of something that will last much longer than I would really like it to. The top songs and films of each year of my humble existence. I hope you like some of the choices. I'm sure I will have great fun thinking up excuses to think of these than do my job properly.


Bob Dylan - The Times they are a-changin' (MP3)

I always think that 1964 was a great year for music (Baby Love, Hard Day's Night, I Get Around - just for starters) but this takes the biscuit. I just loved the album when I started listening to Dylan in the late 70's, and this seemed to sum up the mood of a generation with Vietnam just around the corner.


Buy Bob Dylan Here


Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Dir. Stanley Kubrick)

My favourite director has always been Kubrick. No list can start without an immediate reference to the master.

No comments: