Monday, October 23, 2006

Songs and Images of a Lifetime - 1965

Hmmm, a difficult decision with the choice of music, and an easy one with the film. I think that this is going to get harder and harder as I go on.


Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (mp3)

I know this is two in a row for the folk meister. I also know this was the year of 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction'. I further know that this was the year of one of my favourite fab four records in 'Girl'. But this record is simply too huge to miss out. The speculation of who the song is about fuels the mythology that surrounds it. Rolling Stone magazine ranks it as the finest single ever produced, and although I'm not in agreement I can see why they, and many others, rate it so highly. Fantastic.

'Repulsion' - Dir. Roman Polanski

Not my favourite Polanski film, but this effort stands out in a rather bland year for cinema. I have also got to have at least one film starring Catherine Deneuve.


Buy Bob Dylan here

No comments: