Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Birthday


I'm not sure how I feel about the blogging world acting as some kind of confessional or as a 'virtual shoulder' to cry on. For a start it kind of goes against the grain. I'm not exactly the 'cry on your shoulder' type, but I suppose dealing with a lot of unknown faces helps, so here goes.

Mrs Vicar and I had a lovely daughter who died. Her name was Beth. It was a long time ago, but the memory does not diminish. She would have been eleven today. She was only a year and a half old when she died and she was very sick, so in many ways she was released from a lot of torment. But there is still hardly a day goes by when I do not think of her. These days I mostly laugh at the memories rather than shed a tear so it is not a tortuous thing at all, in fact it's a celebration. Beth these are for you:

Paul Weller - Sunflower (mp3) buy

Van Morrison - Sweet Thing (mp3) buy

The House of Love - Shine On (mp3) buy

Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl (mp3) buy

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Mate, blogging is all about personal details. There's plenty of bland, faceless magazines for us to read out there otherwise.

Happy birthday Beth.

adam said...

Take care x

Mick said...

Sorry to hear that. As a parent I can't imagine anything worse.

And I agree with everything Matthew said.

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm late in here....

I'm with all that has been said above.