Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday CP - Oops! I Missed Again


The Contrast Podcast was 100 this week. So a happy birthday to Tim and everybody who has shared in this marvelous collective. And while I have not exactly set the blogosphere alight with my contribution to CP, I try to download and listen when I can. Some people contribute on a random basis, while others are stalwarts who rarely miss an issue. And this, of course, is the beauty behind it. Well done Tim keep up the good work. Here's to another 100 and more.

This week the topic was 100 (I wonder why?) and here are the contributions:

(00:00) Sharon Jones - 100 days, 100 nights

Betty from The Royal Family

(04:34) Fun 100 - Computer

ZB from So the wind won’t blow it all away

(07:21) Love of Diagrams - At 100%

Bob from Gimme Tinnitus

(11:32) The Soundtrack of our lives - 21st century ripoff

Chris from Phosphorous.net

(15:35) Maxi Priest - Full 100

Mark from Cinema Du Lyon

(21:06) The Byrds - One hundred years from now

Brian from State Fare

(23:56) NOFX - 100 times fuckeder

Marcy from Lost in your inbox

(25:59) Lyres - 100cc’s (Pure Thrust)

FiL from Pogoagogo

(29:11) Generation X - One hundred punks

Dirk from Sexy Loser

(33:03) Carlton Rees - 99 and a half won’t do

Matthew from Song by Toad

(36:35) Nick Lowe - One’s too many and a hundred ain’t enough

Anna from the Music I-Quiz

(39:30) The Anniversary - A hundred ships

SiD from Too Much Rock

(45:23) Shout out louds - 100 degrees

Crash from Pretending life is like a song

(49:26) The Cure - One hundred years

Eiron from A Blog of No Importance

(56:25) The Divine Comedy - I’ve been to a marvellous party

JC from The Vinyl Villain

(01:01:00) The Offspring - One hundred punks

Andy from Circles of Concrete

(01:04:33) The Tragically Hip - At the hundredth meridian

Thom from Better in the dark

(01:08:17) The Pixies - Oh my golly

John from And you’ll never hear surf music again

(01:10:30) The Loved Ones - 100K

James from Appetite For Distraction

(01:13:51) Roy Harper - When an old cricketer leaves the crease

Stuart Dade

Well done to all concerned then. Some wonderful tracks. In time honoured tradition I would now like to offer my own interpretation - so I begin with:

Blur - End of a Century (mp3) Buy

Beloved - A Hundred Words (mp3) Buy

No comments: