Monday, March 19, 2007

Let Normal Service Resume


After having the lurgy all last week, its hopefully back to normal as I finish off the curtailed acoustic week.

With all the plaudits bestowed upon Nick Drake over the last few years I feel a little reluctant to make a post about an artist when it feels like I'm joining a bandwagon. There appear to be endless people I know who all say the same thing, 'I liked Nick Drake before he became popular'. Well I think all the arguments are irrelevant because it matters little about when you like a band or an artist. It only matters that you appreciate them in the first place. Each to their own and all that. For all sorts of reasons, both musically and personally I have turned to his three albums for many years. I have been made happy, saddened and enthralled in equal measure. We all know that this is what music is all about.

Nick Drake - Northern Sky (mp3) buy

My second track today comes from Illinois based band Beauty Shop. I don't know an awful lot about them except that they have been around for few years and have released a couple of albums during this time. This track comes from a 2004 release 'Crisis Helpline'.

Beauty Shop - Nightcrawlers (mp3) buy

No comments: