Monday, March 05, 2007

When the routine bites hard

Last post on the 'B' Sides of the 90's today. I have to say that this collection isn't the finest set of songs that have ever been produced and is indicative of some of the things that I've said in earlier posts. I don't think I will be attempting something so foolhardy again- at least not from single culled after 1990.

However, that said, I do actually like my two offerings for your perusal. First up is Pavement with a track from the 'Watery, Domestic' ep from 1992. Recorded after the 'Slanted and Enchanted' album from the same year the ep was a bit of a watershed for the band with Gary Young leaving shortly afterwards. Despite all the (wrong in my opinion) comparisons with The Fall I think Pavement were one of the better indie offerings at the time.

Pavement - Frontwards (mp3)

The second track is a bit of a cheat. In 1995 there was a re-release of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' and although this is not entirely in the spirit of the post it will do for me. It needs no other introduction.

Joy Division - These Days (mp3)

Buy Pavement here and buy Joy Division here

No comments: