Friday, March 09, 2007

Too Much Volume


I missed 'Volume 3' and went straight onto 'Volume 4' and although I was still enjoying the magazine the price was prohibitive to a point that it meant less food to eat. As much as I like listening to new music my appetite (or more importantly that of my wife) always comes first.

So this was it to me -the end of 'Volume'. Nowadays free music on other monthly music magazines, or more especially the blog, has meant that finding new music to buy is easier than it has ever been (a point still missed by a few record companies, its worth repeating again and again and ag........).

1. Suede - My Insatiable One (mp3) - new piano version

Any song that contains the lyric, 'on the escalator we shit paracetemol' has got to be worth a listen. This was a track on 'The Drowners' ep.

2. Swallow - Lovesleep (mp3)

Dont know an awful lot about this band except that they were on 4AD. Sounds good though.

3. The Fall - Arid Al's Dream (mp3)

This a bit of a rare one to all you Fall fans. When I first went to college a new friend (Kurt where are you?) played The Fall to death every night for about a year. I think I hated them then but have since learned the error of my ways. This track is just vintage Mark E. Smith.

4. Babes in Toyland - Sometimes (mp3)

Lollapalooza. Riot grrrl. You get the idea I'm sure. I can't say I'm the greatest fan in the world but this is okay.

Buy all these artists at the following links:

Suede - Swallow - The Fall - Babes in Toyland

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for these. Great version of the Suede song. Also liked 'Lovesleep' - one that i didn't know at all.