Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Feel That Kick Drum


Sometimes, when I have had a tipple too many, the Tutu vicar gets his feet tapping to a funky beat. Inevitably this ends with shaming glances from other members of my family who are acutely embarrassed by my antics. The last time I got 'dancing feet', for instance, my daughter was red faced as I was shown up in front of her young friends. Of course, rarely does this affect me because I am usually in a state of alcohol induced oblivion.

Anyhow, back to the matter in hand and 'the kickdrum'. My choice of said funky beat usually revolves around records that are either:

(a) disco classics from the 1970's

or

(b) house / trance tracks that have that thumping back beat

So I present to you my choices from option (b)

1. FC Kahuna - Nothing Is Wrong (mp3) - kickdrum at 0:00. A suburb beat right from the off, but just listen when the bass line hook starts at 0:15 (Buy)

2. Chemical Brothers - It Began In Afrika (mp3) - kickdrum at 0:33 (Buy)

3. FC Kahuna - Growler (mp3) - kickdrum at 0:16

4. Leftfield - Space Shanty (mp3) - kickdrum at 1:39 (Buy)

5. Underworld - Cowgirl (mp3) - kickdrum at 1:44 (Buy)

If you have any sense of rhythm I defy you to not tap your feet / nod your head at the times mentioned above. Best of all find a party, drink copious amounts of Stella, red wine or a tipple of your choice and watch with glee as the your friends and family dis-own you completely. Play the game - go on.

No comments: