Friday, July 27, 2007

A Week In Music

Friday

The name Friday comes from the Anglo-Saxon Frigg - the Goddess of beauty. In Latin languages the name mostly comes from Venus who was no shrinking Violet in the beauty stakes herself.

There are lots of musical choices available for the Friday slot. No surprises there then. It seems like all songwriters spend the working week in a state of increasing gloom until Friday comes along. A few drinks later with the creative juices flowing and the worlds their oyster.

The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind (Mp3) Buy

The Donnas - Friday Fun (mp3) Buy

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love (mp3) Buy

Nouvelle Vague - Friday Night Saturday Morning (mp3) Buy

The Nouvelle Vague I've only included because I can't seem to find my copy of The Specials version. Curses.

4 comments:

ally. said...

that easybeats song is a cracker - brilliant for singing extremely tuneless backing vocals to.
doodoodoodoodoodoodoooooooooo

and i couldn't help but notice your big clock.
you lucky boy.

dickvandyke said...

From monday morning I work for friday nights
Collect my wages, then try to paint on the smell of soap

davyh said...

It feels like ages since I had some fun

Salopian said...

Friday nights have always had that sense of impending fun. Usually let down by the time of the hangover on Saturday morning. Thats why Thursday is the new Friday.

Ally - I'm glad you mentioned the size of my clock. A bit too big methinks. Perhaps size does matter.