Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Week In Music

ThursdayFrom the old English 'Day of Thunor', the Latin equivilant is 'Jupiter's Day'.

Thursday was until recently a nothing sort of day. Still a day short of when the real action begins on the Friday. However, a few like minded friends and myself have officially designated that Thursday is the new Friday. We have decided that the weekend is in fact far too short and therefore festivities have to take place a day earlier. We now have a few drinks, play golf and generally relax making Friday a far more inviting prospect. By Monday you feel that the weekend has been a fulfilling experience, rather than all over before it really got started.

That doesn't mean, however, that Thursday has been celebrated in song. It is a day that is shamefully neglected. Come on all you songwriters get writing about it because at the moment there is little to include that is worthy. You know you want to - it's the start of the weekend for heavens sake.

The Futureheads - Thursday (mp3)

Buy The Futureheads here because they they are up with the times

6 comments:

Mick said...

I got it wrong. I was expecting Thursdays Child by David Bowie. In fact you could do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with Bowie songs but for now I've got Friday on my mind.

Salopian said...

I completely missed the Bowie song. Derr - I would of included it otherwise. Silly me.

davyh said...

And apparently there's a song by Donovan(!)called 'Jersey Thursday' but I have no idea what it's like. I doesn't sound very promising does it?

davyh said...

Er.. that's 'it' doesn't sound very promising. I does, on the other hand.

Prime Student said...

the puddle's own Thursday is fantastic.

Eleanor said...

Asobi Seksu - Thursday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8paDhfGQH4E

No idea if it's about Thursday, but there you go!