Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Week In Music

Saturday

Saturday is named after the Roman God of agriculture Cronus aka Saturn.

So many choices. After the song drought of Wednesday / Thursday comes a veritable flood. I could of chosen Tom Waits - but I didn't. The Jam - but I didn't. Whigfield (ahem) - but I didn't. The list, while not being exactly endless, is still very long. So it comes down to the following:

Saturday Sun - Nick Drake (mp3)

The Saturday Boy - Billy Bragg (mp3)

On Saturday Afternoons in 1963 - Rickie Lee Jones (mp3)

Buy Nick Drake here, Billy Bragg here and Rickie Lee Jones here.

And apologies for the lateness of this post, I started writing it last night after getting back from an impromptu nights camping in Pembrokeshire, but then fell asleep. It's an age thing!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Whilst I am always going to be in a sulk with anyone who actually decides against posting Tom Waits, I can't help but say that I reckon The Saturday Boy might be the best song in the universe. I could whistle that trumpet solo in my sleep!

dickvandyke said...

Nice one old boy.

I was hoping you'd slip in a bit of Barry Blue, so to speak.

A. Burgess said...

And the unfortunately-named Failure had a great song called "Saturday Savior" from Fantastic Planet.

.... said...

Nick Drake! Genius track. Thanks for posting.