Monday, February 19, 2007

Aaaarggghhh!

At the weekend got back from a nice week relaxing in the sunny southern climes of Dorset. The whole family enjoyed the experience, and it was doubly nice to be away from the PC and do a spot of reading. This was all with one exception. The first monday Mrs Vicar and I were forced to drive over 100 miles back home because we had been burgled. (Believe me 100 miles in old Land Rover Defender seems like an age). Now this made me very angry. Not because of the physical damage of them getting in, or indeed what they stole (which turned out to be very little - the incompetent louts), but the fact that my kids had lost a days holiday with us sorting out the mess left behind. I find it hard to believe that some people are just so callous. Its infuriating. So today I've got two very angry songs. Not directed at anything in particular - just angry because thats how I feel.

1. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (mp3)

2. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Helter Skelter (mp3)

Buy their stuff here and here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about that sad tale. Had the horrible experience of being burgled once. Hope it never happens to me again.

If I may be flippant - you were real unlucky they didn't nick your Alanis Morrisette collection.

(Sorry)

Salopian said...

I know, I know. That particular collection is very precious. Luckily, as always, I had it with me and so didn't offer them the prize :-)