Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Springtime Promises


I was over at the ghost of electricity today looking at Davy's post about Heidi Berry. Firstly it got me thinking about spring which is patently only just around the corner (at least according to the wonderful bulbs now appearing in my local woodlands and hedgerows) and secondly about the whole 4AD and This Mortal Coil thing. The 4AD experience provided me with some purely wonderful listening experiences - Pixies, Cocteau Twins, Frazier Chorus and Throwing Muses amonst many others. For those who dont know, This Mortal Coil was an umbrella term for the myriad of artists belonging to the 4AD stable. Although very patchy, when the collective worked well it worked very well. Not least in my two chosen tracks for today. The first is is 'You and Your Sister' featuring the rather lovely voices of Tanya Donelly (Breeders, Belly, Throwing Muses) and Kim deal (The Pixies). Just a wonderful track. The second is the Heidi Berry collaboration with 'Til I Gain Control Again'. Mmmmmmm.

1. This Mortal Coil - You and your sister (mp3)

2. This Mortal Coil - 'Til I gain control again (mp3)

Buy This Mortal Coil here

No comments: