Monday, January 08, 2007

And the Winner is ......track number 6!

I know it is a familiar chestnut to do the very best track number one of an album or even track number 1 of side 2; but in the digital world of CD how about track number 6? In an effort to get my posting up and running on a more regular basis I am unashamedly going to do a post a day (all this week you lucky few people out there) for my favourite tracks sixth in the running order.

The only problem today is that I'm at work (boo hoo) and not able to access my collection until later. I will edit this in due course but until then we have do with my rather dim memory. So without further ado the first two on my list are:


1. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies (mp3)
Of course track number 6 on the Darklands album. The Reid bothers go all melodic.




2. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (mp3)


Massive Attack in their pomp. Not only one of the very best number 6's in existence this regularly makes appearance in best single of the nineties or even best of all time. Stunning.





No comments: