Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just take your seat and hold on tight

First up - a plug for the Contrast Podcast, a fine compendium of songs this week under the banner of actor/celebrities, that yours truly appears on. A minor effort (on my part of course compared to the others) in the scheme of things, but I'm sure it will get better. This week is 'X-rated' and I've already got my thinking cap on.

Back to happy week and a couple of little gems to listen to. First up is:

The Beatles - Here comes the sun (mp3)

I have to say I've resisted putting The Beatles up on the site before now but this is just pure happiness perfection. I also have to say it wasn't me that suggested it but my environmentally concerned car sharing colleague. Many thanks uncle.

Secondly:

The Lightning Seeds - The Life of Riley (mp3)

A song about childbirth (not Ian Broudie himself but his son/daughter - I can't remember which) and positive to the last. But my main thoughts about this song revolve around 'Match of the Day' on a saturday night after a few beers. I think it was for the 'match action' bit at the beginning of the programme. Days of bliss!

Dip into The lightning Seeds back catalogue or expand your Beatles collection as you see fit


By the way saw '2001: A Space Odyssey' again at the weekend after a gap of lots of years. I quite forgot how magisterial it was, and how technically advanced. Kubrick truly was a god amongst directors.

No comments: