Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Kiss me out of desire - not consolation

There are many different types of heartbreak of course. My first heartbreak was one of two that I can recall. Either it was a pet greenfly disappearing mysteriously (and tragically) out of my matchbox, or it was failing to hold hands with Carol Hillier at country dancing in the infants. I'm unsure to this day which came first, but both seemed to be the end of the world at the time. Whether out of a sense of loss or frustration the feelings of grief and regret are often overwhelming. Obviously this is the reason why so many records are written in this state of misery.

So two more to tug at the heartstrings, hope you enjoy them.

1. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye (mp3)

2. Jane Weaver - Once You'd Given Me Up (mp3)


Buy Jeff and Jane here and here, because you know you want to after you dry your eyes

No comments: