Friday, January 26, 2007

I think I might be happy if I wasn't out with them

I think I've thunk too much this week and missed my chance of stardom on contrast podcast. I should have guessed that 'x-rated' would prove very popular. The early bird catches the worm and all that. Still, at least I have this forum to vent my spleen on the world. So back to happy week for all, and first up today is:

Stevie wonder - Sir Duke (mp3)

A song in remembrance, of course, of Duke Ellington but I like its upbeat tempo and I cant think of many more opportunities to get Stevie Wonder in my blog.

The other is:

The Housemartins - Happy Hour (mp3)

I dont think the song has that much of a feel good lyric, but hey it has 'happy' in the title. And they come from Hull. And Everything But The Girl come from Hull so they must be good.

Getting to the end of happy week now. Brmmm brmmm its driving week soon

Buy Housemartins and Stevie Wonder whenever possible

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

I love Happy Hour, what a great song! Here is a the acapella version of the song that the Housemartins did for a Peel session under the name the Fish City Four. It's rather good!

Happy Hour (acapella)

Salopian said...

Thankyou for your comments and the Fish City Four link el. Ive put Cassettes and Chocolates onto my links list. It looks v interesting