Thursday, January 18, 2007

You were always so lost in the dark

Oh my god I dont think I can take much more of this. I've become morose and grouchy as the week has progressed and all down to selecting songs that will rip you apart.And you dont get any more gut wrenching than The Cure and Nick Drake. The 'Disintegration' album has always been a favourite, and with the possible exception of 'Faith' probably their best work (you can see the link I'm sure). In addition to 'Pictures of You' I also have a song by Nick Drake. I remember the first time I listened to Drake (1989 after a friend introduced me to her back catalogue) and I was bowled over by the achingly beautiful songs. I couldn't play any Nick Drake for several years after a personal tragedy but have since rediscovered that I can listen to 'River Man' without breaking down completely.

1. The Cure - Pictures of You (mp3)

2. Nick Drake - River Man (mp3)

Please buy The Cure here and also be blown away by purchasing the great Nick Drake here

No comments: